Getting married is simple. You just need to say- “I do”. Is it that meek? No way. It is expensive than you think.
As per a collective data of 2019’s USA weddings cost approximately $33,900. This sum includes wedding, ring ceremony, and reception. This survey was conducted by The Knot’s 2019 Real Weddings Study.
Can anybody spend this huge money in one day? But when little things are summed this amount gets bigger with the ad-on including DJs, rings, decoration, catering, venue, etc.
Average Wedding Cost in USA
Let’s look at some numbers now.
Location and Transportation:
- Reception Venue: $15,450
- Ceremony Place: $2,300
- Transport: $830
- Wedding Planner: $2,500
- Photography: $2,000
- Videography: $2,500
- Officiant: $250
Outfits and Performance:
- Band: $4,000
- DJs: $1,200
- Wedding Gown: $1,500
- Groom’s Attire: $300
- Makeup: $250
Food, Beverages, and Miscellaneous:
- Cake: $500
- Catering (Per Person): $70
- Alcohol: $
- Invitations: $400
- Décor: $2,400
*Note: The expenses mentioned above are the nearest sum of numbers. Also, this number varies according to cities. Apart from this, you will need a marriage license. Fees of a marriage license fluctuate through the state, county, or region.
How to Plan Wedding Budget to Save Money?
Don’t get fooled by numbers!
Wedding expenses can go up to $1 million to thousands of dollars. Statistics show that every other couple falls in the trap of social media pics. Falling prey in the labyrinth of mortgages and loans.
People often follow Instagram or Pinterest images and dream to wed in the same way. This might get you butterflies but in reality, it is very pricey. Here you need to be practical than mythical.
This doesn’t mean you need to give up on your dream wedding. It’s just getting everything sorted according to pocket.
Plan: Drawing a systematic wedding plan is the first step. Set a benchmark, whatever be the condition you will not spend beyond that figure.
List: Make a list counting no of guests, outfits, venue, food and beverages, bands, cakes, rings, etc. If you are organizing things by you without a planner get your facts precise. Mark green on the task completed for precision. This will help you save money.
Pay Attention to the Details:
Your attentiveness can lower the budget by 10%. Small things always pile up later. Hence, it is recommended to jot down items. Also, little flexibility depresses cost. Certain factors stated below is worth quoting:
- Hiring Help: Use your relations and ask your friends to do bartending. You can involve your relatives and friends in decoration and transportation if they don’t mind. This is very cheap as compared to premium packages.
- Guest Lists: It is not important to invite everyone you know. Near and dear ones with few knowns are well to go. Make a minimum and maximum guests list listing their requirements. Headcount is a great idea as every person’s needs are different.
- Venue: In a metropolis, the cost is high as compared to rural areas. The second major chunk of money goes to location. Hence, location matters. So, finalizing a venue keeping your budget and desires in mind is necessary. For this researching and visiting location is crucial.
- Season: Peak off seasons like January and February are economical than peak seasons as rates of venue, caterers and DJs are priced lower. Even wedding dresses are sold at a 20 to 30% discount. Similarly, Saturday’s wedding costs are higher despite the weekdays. So, choose wisely.
- Always Bargain and Compare Prices: Take budget from multiple vendors. Compare their services and brand with the prices mentioned. Get quotes from wedding planners too and compare it with your planning. Go for the affordable one.
Bargaining isn’t a bad thing. Negotiation is necessary when we are talking about a huge amount. A new wedding planner or a bishop charges less as they are just starting up. You can give them a chance but after thorough screening and discussions.
Anticipate Miscellaneous Costs: Always add 10% extra costs to your budget. So that any unnecessary expenses can get sorted.
Add It Up All!
Always keep in mind what you and your partner want rather than going with the flow. Your relatives and friends won’t pay your bills. Remember that!
Once you have an established budget you can take help from us or an expert planner. Keep it simple and straight.
Use our wedding cost calculator for an effortless and quick estimation.
Best of Luck!